Thursday, October 13, 2011

Anchor Charts

I created this anchor chart to help my students remember the 3 things I want them to help their friend revise in their writing.  I pair my students up and they check for a capital letter at the beginning of each sentence, spaces between words and a punctuation mark at the end
Revising With a Friend


I was searching other blogs for anchor charts to use in reading workshop and writing workshop.  I came across one of each on Mrs. Jump's Class.  You can find the post here.  I don't know about anyone else but I am a perfectionist so I know there was no way I was going to make these charts by hand.  I made a set for my class using a Word document. You will need to print these on a legal size paper.


Super Readers


Amazing Writers


Finally, I came across a capitalization chart that I loved.  Again, between the pictures and writing I knew I would drive myself nuts trying to recreated the chart so I went ahead and typed it up.  Here is the problem....I can't recall where I saw it.  I downloaded the picture so I could remember to make it but forgot to write down where I found it.  If you know where I found this idea please let me know so I can give proper credit to the creator.  I found the wonderful creator of this chart---well she found me!  Yeah!  It came from Ms. Simoneaux's blog First Grade Fresh.  Be sure to pop over and see some of her other anchor charts!
Capitalization Anchor Chart

4 comments:

  1. No problem Jill. I just wish I could recall where I got the capitalization idea so I could give proper credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me! I'm always searching for where I saw an idea! The capitalization anchor chart was from my blog:
    http://firstgradefresh.blogspot.com/2011/09/anchor-charts.html
    I love the printable you created! I am definitely going to snag that and place it in portable workstations or maybe my kids writing folders! Thanks!
    -Ms. Simoneaux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Ms. Simoneaux! I just updated the post and added a link back to your blog! I always worry that when I forget where I found something that I will one day receive a not so kind e-mail but you are so understanding!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete