Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake

There was standing in the back of my classroom trying to decide what to do next when I heard something on the roof...or so I thought. There is a classroom above the front two thirds of my room but the back 1/3 is covered by a slanted roof. I seriously thought there was someone running across the roof and was heading to the backdoor to go outside to see who was running across the top of my roof. Then I realized it was way too loud and the ground began to shake. I live in a county in Maryland just outside of Washington,D.C. An earthquake was not the first thing that came to mind.

This is my 11th year at my school. The first year I taught at my school 9/11 happened. The next October we had the DC sniper. Now they are talking after shocks here as well as hurricane Irene heading toward us. All I have to say that this is not a good start to my school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment