Monday, May 23, 2011

Link: Kindergarten Words

This is a simple but effective center for helping students build word.  I took our 25 Kindergarten sight words and divided them in half (minus the words "a" and "I").  I put each letter of each word in a different square.  After laminating and cutting the squares out I take a single hole punch and punch a hole on the left and right side of the letters.  The students then use the links to hook the letters together to make words.  I purchased my links from Lakeshore.
For organizational purposes I color coded one half of the set blue and the other half green.  I also include a matching color coded list of the words in each half.  Then I place the green half in a green bag and the blue half in a blue bag.  I purchased the bags from Walmart for 97 cents each.


I hope this makes sense!

Link Words-Kinder

2 comments:

  1. Can you please post a picture of what it looks like when the letters are linked together? Thanks! I am a visual learner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could post a picture but I am on summer break all of my material are at school. If I am able to get into the building anytime soon I will post a picture. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete